Halifax School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Halifax School District serving 60 students in West Halifax, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Halifax School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- West Halifax Halifax West School246 Branch Road
West Halifax, VT 05358
Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
|School District Name||Halifax School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||60 students|
|# of Teachers||5 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||32 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||28 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||56 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||8|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Halifax School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,000 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,000 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,000||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$15,000||$18,186|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.