Huntington School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in Huntington School District, serving 135 students. Public elementary school in Huntington School District have an average math proficiency score of 55% (versus the Vermont public elementary school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 45% (versus the 51% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public elementary schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 1% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public elementary school average of 10% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the Vermont public elementary school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Huntington School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802) 434-2074|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 04|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||246 Schools|
|# of Students||135 Students||60,896 Students|
|# of Teachers||9 Teachers||4,918 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||12:1|
- Huntington School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 158 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#102 out of 214 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||50-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||48 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,170 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||1,225 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a||1,235 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||134 Students||54,867 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||43 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||2,308 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||33||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||27||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||17||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||20||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||18||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||20||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||4,244|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||4,079|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||630|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||544|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||548|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,170 in this school district is less than the state median of $21,205. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,807 is less than the state median of $22,242. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,170||$21,205|
|Revenue / Student||$17,807||$22,242|
Huntington School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Brewster Pierce School 120 School Street
Huntington, VT 05462
Grades: PK-4 | 135 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.