Missisquoi Valley UHSD #7 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Missisquoi Valley UHSD #7 School District serving 795 students in Swanton, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Missisquoi Valley UHSD #7 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Swanton Missisquoi Valley Uhsd #7100 Thunder Bird Drive
Swanton, VT 05488
Grades: 7-12 | 795 students
|School District Name||Missisquoi Valley UHSD #7 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||795 students|
|# of Teachers||77 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||331 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||464 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||73 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||583 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||127 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||129|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Missisquoi Valley UHSD #7 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,016 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,437 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,016||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$16,437||$18,186|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.