Pownal School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Pownal School District serving 279 students in Pownal, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 1% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the state average of 12:1.
Pownal School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pownal Pownal Elementary School94 Schoolhouse Road
Pownal, VT 05261
Grades: PK-6 | 279 students
|School District Name||Pownal School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||279 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||140 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||139 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||277 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||35|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pownal School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,666 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,962 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,666||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$11,962||$18,186|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.