Rochester School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Rochester School District, serving 118 students.
- public school in Rochester School District have a diversity score of 0.07, which is less than the Vermont public school average of 0.19.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public school average of 10% (majority Black and Asian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Vermont public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Rochester School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802)767-3161|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||310 Schools|
|# of Students||118 Students||84,156 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||7,240 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,741 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||1,732 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||1,767 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||114 Students||75,806 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||58 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||2,989 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||9||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||13||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1||5,706|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,664|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3||5,470|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||3||5,167|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $31,418 is higher than the state average of $16,177. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,655 is higher than the state average of $15,619. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$31,418||$16,177|
|Spending / Student||$32,655||$15,619|
Rochester School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rochester Elementary/high School222 South Main Street
Rochester, VT 05767
Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.