Rochester School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Rochester School District, serving 118 students.
- Public middle school in Rochester School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Vermont public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 32% (versus the 51% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public middle school average of 8% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Vermont public middle school average of 11:1.
|School District Name||Rochester School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802) 767-3161|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||121 Schools|
|# of Students||118 Students||36,466 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||3,170 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||11:1|
- Rochester School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 102 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||77 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||498 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||679 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||551 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||114 Students||33,465 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||20 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||1,191 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30||2,747|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4||1,818|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||9||1,873|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||13||1,880|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11||1,878|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12||1,943|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11||2,388|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5||3,919|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1||1,554|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||1,568|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3||1,571|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||3||1,445|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $31,418 is higher than the state average of $16,177. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,655 is higher than the state average of $15,619. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$31,418||$16,177|
|Spending / Student||$32,655||$15,619|
Rochester School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rochester Elementary/high School 222 South Main Street
Rochester, VT 05767
Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.