Rochester School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Rochester School District serving 146 students in Rochester, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 9%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Rochester School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Rochester Rochester Elementary/high School222 South Main Street
Rochester, VT 05767
Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
|School District Name||Rochester School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||146|
|# of Teachers||13|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||74|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||72|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||140|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||10|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rochester School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $31,418 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,655 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$31,418||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$32,655||$18,186|
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.