Shaftsbury School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Shaftsbury School District, serving 256 students.
- Public school in Shaftsbury School District have an average math proficiency score of 37% (versus the Vermont public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public school average of 10% (majority Black and Asian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the Vermont public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Shaftsbury School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802)442-4373|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||310 Schools|
|# of Students||256 Students||84,156 Students|
|# of Teachers||18 Teachers||7,240 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
- Shaftsbury School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 174 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||1,741 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||1,732 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||1,767 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||241 Students||75,806 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||58 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||2,989 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||27||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||32||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||31||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||30||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||30||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||33||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||27||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||5,706|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,664|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,470|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,167|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,130 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,177. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,107 is less than the state average of $15,619. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,130||$16,177|
|Spending / Student||$10,107||$15,619|
Shaftsbury School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Shaftsbury Elementary School 150 Buck Hill Road
Shaftsbury, VT 05262
Grades: PK-6 | 256 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.