Wells School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Wells School District, serving 92 students. Wells School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Vermont.
- Public school in Wells School District have an average math proficiency score of 24% (versus the Vermont public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 44% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public school average of 10% (majority Black and Asian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Vermont public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Wells School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802) 645-0386|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||310 Schools|
|# of Students||92 Students||84,156 Students|
|# of Teachers||8 Teachers||7,240 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
- Wells School District, which is ranked within the2/, bottom 50% of all 174 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.10
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,741 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||1,732 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||1,767 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||87 Students||75,806 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||58 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||2,989 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||17||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||14||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||13||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||5,706|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,664|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,470|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,167|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,177 in this school district is less than the state average of 16177. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,721 is less than the state average of $15,619. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||3478000|
|Revenue / Student||$14,177||16177|
|Spending / Student||$13,721||15619|
Wells School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Wells Village School 135 Vt Route 30
Wells, VT 05774
Grades: PK-6 | 92 students
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.