West Windsor School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in West Windsor School District, serving 68 students. Public elementary school in West Windsor School District have an average math proficiency score of 45% (versus the Vermont public elementary school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 45% (versus the 51% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 0% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public elementary school average of 10% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Vermont public elementary school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||West Windsor School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802) 484-3344|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||246 Schools|
|# of Students||68 Students||60,896 Students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teachers||4,918 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
- West Windsor School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 158 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#137 out of 214 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||48 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,170 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||1,225 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a||1,235 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||68 Students||54,867 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||43 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||2,308 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||7||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||12||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||4,244|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||4,079|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||584|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||630|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||544|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||548|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $48,000 is higher than the state median of $21,205. The school district revenue/student has grown by 31% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $44,735 is higher than the state median of $22,242. The school district spending/student has grown by 26% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$48,000||$21,205|
|Revenue / Student||$44,735||$22,242|
West Windsor School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Albert Bridge School (west Windsor) 108 Brownsville Hartland Road
Brownsville, VT 05037
Grades: PK-6 | 68 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.