Vine Middle/magnet Middle School
- The student population of 336 students has grown by 9% over five years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 9:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.39 is more than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Knox County School District's student population of 59,617 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,034 is higher than the state average of $9,003. The district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,515 is higher than the state average of $9,420. The district spending/student has grown by 10% over four years.
|School District Name||Knox County School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||59,617||3,513|
|District Total Revenue||$535 MM||$32 MM|
|District Spending||$564 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,034||$9,003|
|District Spending / Student||$9,515||$9,420|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KnoxvilleGreen Magnet Math And Science AcademyGrades: PK-5 | 360 students
801 Townview Dr
Knoxville, TN 37915
KnoxvilleKnox County Adult High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 301 students
Knoxville, TN 37917
KnoxvilleSouth Knox Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 148 students
801 Sevier Av
Knoxville, TN 37920
KnoxvilleL N Stem AcademyGrades: 9-12 | 565 students
401 Henley St
Knoxville, TN 37902
KnoxvilleAustin East High/magnet High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 581 students
2800 M L King Jr Av
Knoxville, TN 37914
Good academic programs, music and art class choices are excellent.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kitty
My daughter has attended Vine Middle School since the beginning of this year. The teachers are wonderful and I have felt that my daughter was getting a good education. We chose this school because of the programs that were offered and the promise of a constantly improving academic program. There are a lot of children that have a "tough" and defensive demeanor, and my daughter has fortunately been able to avoid them. Now, we are told that due to budget cuts, 3 of my daughter's classes are being cut. The dance program, video production and Beta club will no longer be offered. I was told that the administrators have recommended against encouraging enrollment of children from the Honors Magnet Elementary School as they were "problematic" for the "tough" crowd to tolerate.
- Posted by Parent - lafon
July 12, 2017
Learn whether a year round attendance schedule or traditional schedule may be more appropriate for your child.
July 12, 2017
It is helpful to know the issues involved when considering public versus private schools. More about these considerations here.
July 02, 2017
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.