Vine Middle/magnet Middle School
- The student population of 336 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.39 is less than the state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Knox County School District's student population of 59,617 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $8,364 in this district is less than the state average of $8,707. The district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,191 is less than the state average of $8,563. The district spending/student has declined by 13% over four years.
|School District Name||Knox County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||59,617||3,513|
|District Total Revenue||$493 MM||$30 MM|
|District Spending||$483 MM||$29 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,364||$8,707|
|District Spending / Student||$8,191||$8,563|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- KnoxvilleGreen Magnet Math And Science AcademyGrades: PK-5 | 360 students
801 Townview Dr
Knoxville, TN 37915
- KnoxvilleKnox County Adult High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 301 students
101 East 5th Av, Room 308
Knoxville, TN 37917
- KnoxvilleSouth Knox Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 148 students
801 Sevier Av
Knoxville, TN 37920
- KnoxvilleL N Stem AcademyGrades: 9-12 | 565 students
401 Henley St
Knoxville, TN 37902
- KnoxvilleAustin East High/magnet High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 581 students
2800 M L King Jr Av
Knoxville, TN 37914
Good academic programs, music and art class choices are excellent.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kitty
My daughter has attended Vine Middle School since the beginning of this year. The teachers are wonderful and I have felt that my daughter was getting a good education. We chose this school because of the programs that were offered and the promise of a constantly improving academic program. There are a lot of children that have a "tough" and defensive demeanor, and my daughter has fortunately been able to avoid them. Now, we are told that due to budget cuts, 3 of my daughter's classes are being cut. The dance program, video production and Beta club will no longer be offered. I was told that the administrators have recommended against encouraging enrollment of children from the Honors Magnet Elementary School as they were "problematic" for the "tough" crowd to tolerate.
- Posted by Parent - lafon
January 01, 2018
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
January 01, 2018
We’ll look at the many challenges facing schools in New York and New Jersey, as they struggle to get ready for students and balance the ongoing need to provide shelter to those displaced by the storm.
January 01, 2018
Students have headed back to school across the country, but are greeted by new security technology and armed security guards. We take a look at Post-Newtown public education.