Charlotte Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Charlotte Co Pblc Schs School District serving 1,924 students in Saxe, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Charlotte Co Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Saxe Bacon District Elementary School840 Bacon School Rd
Saxe, VA 23967
Grades: PK-5 | 183 students
- Charlotte Court House Central Middle School250 Statesman Dr
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 6-8 | 443 students
- Keysville Eureka Elementary School315 Eureka School Rd
Keysville, VA 23947
Grades: PK-5 | 505 students
- Phenix Phenix Elementary School400 Red House Road
Phenix, VA 23959
Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
- Charlotte Court House Randolph-henry High School755 David Bruce Ave
Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Grades: 9-12 | 547 students
|School District Name||Charlotte Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,924 students|
|# of Teachers||133 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||963 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||961 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||48 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||588 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,181 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||94 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||157|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||161|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||132|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Charlotte Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,528 is higher than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,884 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,528||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$10,884||$11,680|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.