Franklin City Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Franklin City Pblc Schs School District serving 1,128 students in Franklin, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Franklin City Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Franklin Franklin High School310 Crescent Drive
Franklin, VA 23851
Grades: 9-12 | 293 students
- Franklin Joseph P. King Junior Middle School501 Charles Street
Franklin, VA 23851
Grades: 6-8 | 243 students
- Franklin S.p. Morton Elementary School300 Morton Street
Franklin, VA 23851
Grades: PK-5 | 592 students
|School District Name||Franklin City Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,128 students|
|# of Teachers||91 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||552 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||576 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||11 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||934 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||116 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||85|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||86|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Franklin City Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,591 is higher than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,551 is higher than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,591||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$13,551||$11,680|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.