Lexington City School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Lexington City School District serving 492 students in Lexington, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Lexington City School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Lexington City School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||492|
|# of Teachers||35|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||237|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||255|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||17|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||41|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||46|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||382|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||87|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lexington City School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,434 is higher than the state average of $11,628. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,921 is higher than the state average of $11,792. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,434||$11,628|
|Spending / Student||$24,921||$11,792|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.