Lunenburg Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Lunenburg Co Pblc Schs School District serving 1,563 students in Victoria, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is equal to the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Lunenburg Co Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Kenbridge Kenbridge Elementary School215 Nottoway Falls Rd
Kenbridge, VA 23944
Grades: PK-5 | 375 students
- Victoria Lunenburg Middle School583 Tomlinson Road
Victoria, VA 23974
Grades: 6-8 | 361 students
- Victoria Victoria Elementary School1521 Eighth St
Victoria, VA 23974
Grades: PK-5 | 386 students
|School District Name||Lunenburg Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,563 students|
|# of Teachers||84 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||794 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||769 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||156 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||547 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||778 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||70 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||65|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||119|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||115|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lunenburg Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,906 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,087 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,906||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$11,087||$11,680|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.