Middlesex Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Middlesex Co Pblc Schs School District serving 1,240 students in Locust Hill, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Middlesex Co Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Locust Hill Middlesex Elementary School823 Philpot Rd.
Locust Hill, VA 23092
Grades: PK-5 | 578 students
- Saluda Middlesex High School454 General Puller Highway
Saluda, VA 23149
Grades: 9-12 | 360 students
- Locust Hill St. Clare Walker Middle School6814 General Puller Highway
Locust Hill, VA 23092
Grades: 6-8 | 302 students
|School District Name||Middlesex Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,240 students|
|# of Teachers||88 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||621 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||619 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||44 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||242 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||887 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||60 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||48|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||87|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||61|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Middlesex Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,893 is higher than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,300 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,893||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$11,300||$11,680|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.