Rockbridge Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Rockbridge Co Pblc Schs School District serving 2,844 students in Lexington, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Rockbridge Co Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lexington Central Elementary School85 Central Road
Lexington, VA 24450
Grades: PK-5 | 536 students
- Fairfield Fairfield Elementary School20 Fairfield School Rd
Fairfield, VA 24435
Grades: PK-5 | 298 students
- Lexington Maury River Middle School600 Waddell St
Lexington, VA 24450
Grades: 6-8 | 629 students
- Buena Vista Mountain View Elementary School20 Burger Circle
Buena Vista, VA 24416
Grades: PK-5 | 131 students
- Natural Bridge Station Natural Bridge Elementary School42 Natural Bridge School Rd.
Natural Bridge Station, VA 24579
Grades: PK-5 | 274 students
|School District Name||Rockbridge Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,844 students|
|# of Teachers||217 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,412 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,432 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||18 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||114 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||99 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,507 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||95 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||72|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||177|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||204|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||224|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||229|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||265|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||263|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||219|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rockbridge Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has increased from 76% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,539 is higher than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,961 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$33 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$31 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,539||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$10,961||$11,680|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.