Vista Alternative School
- Vista Alternative School's student population of 186 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vista Alternative School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,842 schools in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1771 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||20:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yuma Union High School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yuma C W Mcgraw Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 561 students
2345 S Arizona Ave
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928)502-4352 0.4 PK-6 561
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.