Walker-winter Elementary School
- Walker-winter Elementary School's student population of 360 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walker-winter Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1930 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Adlai Stevenson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 840 students
38501 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734)419-2350 1.3 7-8 840
- Westland Albert Schweitzer Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 352 students
2601 Treadwell St
Westland, MI 48186
(734)419-2750 1.7 K-4 352
- Canton Field Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 399 students
1000 South Haggerty Rd
Canton, MI 48188
(734)397-6330 1.7 K-5 399
- Wayne Roosevelt/mcgrath Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 329 students
36075 Currier St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734)419-2720 2.1 K-6 329
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.