Washington Accelerated Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Washington Accelerated Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Washington Accelerated Elementary School's student population of 588 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||588 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Accelerated Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Washington Accelerated Elementary School is Pasadena Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Pasadena Unified School District's student population of 18,377 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,961 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,532 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Pasadena Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||18,377||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$234 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$245 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,961||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$12,532||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Washington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 527 students
1505 N. Marengo Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626)396-5830 0.2 6-8 527
- Altadena Aveson Global Leadership Academy Grades: 6-12 | 414 students
575 W. Altadena Dr.
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)797-1438 0.6 6-12 414
- Pasadena Cleveland Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 193 students
524 Palisade St.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626)396-5670 0.7 K-5 193
- Pasadena John Muir High School Grades: 9-12 | 902 students
1905 N. Lincoln Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626)396-5600 0.8 9-12 902
- Pasadena Madison Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 489 students
515 Ashtabula St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626)396-5780 1.0 K-5 489
Nearby Homes for Sale
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.