Washington Co High School
- Washington Co High School's student population of 563 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Co High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washington County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chatom Washington Co Career Technical Center Grades: 7-12
16478 St. Stephens Avenue
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2040 0.0 7-12 n/a
- Chatom Chatom Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 318 students
592 Ray Coaker Rd
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2946 0.9 K-4 318
- Fruitdale Fruitdale High School Grades: K-12 | 416 students
13077 County Rd 1
Fruitdale, AL 36539
(251)827-6655 8.9 K-12 416
- Buckatunna Buckatunna Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 420 students
11 Buckatunna Mt. Zion Rd.
Buckatunna, MS 39322
(601)648-2501 16.9 K-8 420
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.