Washington Co High School
Top Placements (Alabama)
Washington Co High School is Listed among the top public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Washington Co High School's student population of 563 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Co High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Washington Co High School is Washington County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 136 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Washington County School District's student population of 2,936 students has decreased by 8% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 83% has decreased from 85% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,586 in this district is less than the state average of $10,349. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,046 is less than the state average of $10,471. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Washington County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,936||2,907|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$31 MM||$30 MM|
|District Spending||$32 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,586||$10,349|
|District Spending / Student||$10,046||$10,471|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chatom Washington Co Career Technical Center Grades: 7-12
16478 St. Stephens Avenue
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2040 0.0 7-12 n/a
- Chatom Chatom Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 318 students
592 Ray Coaker Rd
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2946 0.9 K-4 318
- Fruitdale Fruitdale High School Grades: K-12 | 416 students
13077 County Rd 1
Fruitdale, AL 36539
(251)827-6655 8.9 K-12 416
- Buckatunna Buckatunna Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 420 students
11 Buckatunna Mt. Zion Rd.
Buckatunna, MS 39322
(601)648-2501 16.9 K-8 420
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.