Colton School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Colton School District serving 154 students in Colton, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Colton School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Colton Colton School706 Union
Colton, WA 99113
Grades: PK-12 | 154 students
|School District Name||Colton School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||154 students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||82 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||72 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||142 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||14|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Colton School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,054 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,060 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,054||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$16,060||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.