Darrington School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Darrington School District serving 414 students in Darrington, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Darrington School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Darrington School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||414 students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||189 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||225 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||16 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||26 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||340 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||28 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||2|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||38|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Darrington School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,074 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,266 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,074||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$16,266||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.