Hood Canal School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Hood Canal School District serving 326 students in Shelton, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Hood Canal School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Shelton Hood Canal Elementary & Junior High School111 N. Hwy 106
Shelton, WA 98584
Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
|School District Name||Hood Canal School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||326 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||140 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||186 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||88 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||39 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||150 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||48 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||33|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hood Canal School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,788 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,606 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,788||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$15,606||$13,157|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.