Mossyrock School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Mossyrock School District serving 516 students in Mossyrock, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Mossyrock School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||516 students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||267 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||249 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||136 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||357 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||34|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Mossyrock School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,823 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,194 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,823||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$12,194||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.