Naches Valley School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Naches Valley School District serving 397 students in Naches, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Naches Valley School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Naches Naches Valley Middle School32 Shafer Avenue
Naches, WA 98937
Grades: 5-8 | 397 students
|School District Name||Naches Valley School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,353 students|
|# of Teachers||78 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||669 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||684 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||295 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||996 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||14|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||114|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Naches Valley School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,763 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,779 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,763||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$9,779||$13,157|
Minnesota is looking at a new law that would require tougher public school policies to combat bullying. The bill has passed the state House and is now waiting for a vote by the Senate.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.