Odessa School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Odessa School District serving 235 students in Odessa, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Odessa School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||235 students|
|# of Teachers||18 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||131 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||104 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||199 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||19|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Odessa School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,193 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,144 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,193||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$16,144||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.