Orcas Island School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Orcas Island School District serving 325 students in Eastsound, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Orcas Island School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||325 students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||162 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||163 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||62 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||228 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||31|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Orcas Island School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,058 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has grown by 21% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,000 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has grown by 21% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,058||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$9,000||$13,157|