Quilcene School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Quilcene School District serving 202 students in Quilcene, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Quilcene School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Quilcene Quilcene High And Elementary School294715 Highway 101
Quilcene, WA 98376
Grades: PK-12 | 202 students
|School District Name||Quilcene School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||202 students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||90 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||112 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||157 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||24 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||2|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||14|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Quilcene School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-79% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,970 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,695 is less than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,970||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$7,695||$13,157|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.