Steptoe School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Steptoe School District serving 43 students in Steptoe, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
Steptoe School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Steptoe Steptoe Elementary School12 Tennessee Street
Steptoe, WA 99174
Grades: PK-8 | 43 students
|School District Name||Steptoe School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||43 students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||18 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||25 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||37 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Steptoe School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,000 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,394 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$693,000||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,000||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$18,394||$13,157|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.