Willapa Valley School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Willapa Valley School District serving 338 students in Menlo, Washington.
- Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Washington state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Willapa Valley School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||338 students|
|# of Teachers||23 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||159 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||179 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||45 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||273 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||2|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||17|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Willapa Valley School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 293 school districts in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,106 is higher than the state average of $14,981. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,921 is higher than the state average of $13,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WA)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,106||$14,981|
|Spending / Student||$15,921||$13,157|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.