25140 West Virginia Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top public school in 25140, West Virginia, serving 248 students.
- Public schools in zipcode 25140 have a diversity score of 0.00, which is lower than the West Virginia average of 0.12.
- The most diverse school in zipcode 25140 is Marsh Fork Elementary School. Read more about public school diversity statistics in West Virginia or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 1% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
25140, WV Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Naoma Marsh Fork Elementary School 5960 Coal River Road
Naoma, WV 25140
Grades: PK-5 | 248 students
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.