- Whitehall 7-8's student population of 58 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whitehall 7-8's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MT)|
|Overall School Rank||#497 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Whitehall Elem School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whitehall Whitehall High School Grades: 9-12 | 122 students
1 W Yellowstone
Whitehall, MT 59759
(406)287-3862 0.1 9-12 122
- Cardwell Cardwell School Grades: PK-8 | 46 students
80 Highway 359
Cardwell, MT 59721
(406)287-3321 7.1 PK-8 46
- Harrison Harrison School Grades: PK-6 | 30 students
120 Harrison St
Harrison, MT 59735
(406)685-3428 19.3 PK-6 30
- Butte Hillcrest School Grades: PK-6 | 384 students
3000 Continental Drive
Butte, MT 59701
(406)533-2850 20.2 PK-6 384
- Butte Whittier School Grades: PK-6 | 446 students
Butte, MT 59701
(406)533-2890 20.8 PK-6 446
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.