William B. Gibbs Junior
- William B. Gibbs Junior's student population of 705 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||705 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William B. Gibbs Junior is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#423 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Germantown Dr. Sally K. Ride Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 478 students
21301 Seneca Crossing Dr
Germantown, MD 20876
(301)353-0994 1.2 PK-5 478
- Clarksburg Clarksburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 2148 students
22500 Wims Rd
Clarksburg, MD 20871
(301)444-3000 1.4 9-12 2148
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.