William B. Gibbs Junior
- William B. Gibbs Junior's student population of 732 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||732 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William B. Gibbs Junior's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#475 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Germantown Dr. Sally K. Ride Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 500 students
21301 Seneca Crossing Dr
Germantown, MD 20876
(301)353-0994 1.2 PK-5 500
- Clarksburg Clarksburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 2114 students
22500 Wims Rd
Clarksburg, MD 20871
(301)444-3000 1.4 9-12 2114
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.