Brown Deer School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Brown Deer School District serving 1,614 students in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Brown Deer School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,614 students|
|# of Teachers||122 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||761 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||853 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||198 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||125 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||747 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||424 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||112 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||96|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||100|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||149|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Brown Deer School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,002 is higher than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,993 is higher than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,002||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$14,993||$14,711|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.