Mount Horeb Area School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Mount Horeb Area School District serving 561 students in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Mount Horeb Area School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mount Horeb Mount Horeb Middle School900 E Garfield St
Mount Horeb, WI 53572
Grades: 6-8 | 561 students
|School District Name||Mount Horeb Area School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||561 students|
|# of Teachers||42 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||275 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||286 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||24 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||509 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Mount Horeb Area School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,405 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,428 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,405||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$10,428||$14,711|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.