Shiocton School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Shiocton School District serving 489 students in Shiocton, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Shiocton School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Shiocton Shiocton Elementary SchoolN5660 Broad St
Shiocton, WI 54170
Grades: PK-8 | 489 students
|School District Name||Shiocton School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||489 students|
|# of Teachers||40 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||252 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||237 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||44 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||435 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||51|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Shiocton School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,672 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,555 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,672||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$11,555||$14,711|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.