Washburn School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Washburn School District serving 315 students in Washburn, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Washburn School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||315 students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||165 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||150 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||49 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||238 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||68|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Washburn School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,440 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,409 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,440||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$13,409||$14,711|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.