Bronxwood Preparatory Academy
- Bronxwood Preparatory Academy's student population of 393 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bronxwood Preparatory Academy's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#557 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #11 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx New World High School Grades: 9-12 | 387 students
921 E 228th St
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)696-3800 0.0 9-12 387
- Bronx P.S. 21 Philip H Sheridan Grades: K-5 | 673 students
715 E 225th St
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)652-3903 0.4 K-5 673
- Bronx Leaders Of Tomorrow Grades: 6-8 | 388 students
3710 Barnes Ave
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)994-1028 0.6 6-8 388
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.