Magnolia Elementary School serves 506 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Magnolia Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 65% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 506 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 65%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Magnolia Elementary School's student population of 506 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Magnolia Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Magnolia Elementary School is 0.62, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Magnolia Elementary School's ranking?
Magnolia Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Magnolia Elementary School?
506 students attend Magnolia Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
50% of Magnolia Elementary School students are Hispanic, 35% of students are White, 8% of students are Asian, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Magnolia Elementary School?
Magnolia Elementary School has a student ration of 22:1, which is higher than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Magnolia Elementary School offer ?
Magnolia Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Magnolia Elementary School part of?
Magnolia Elementary School is part of Upland Unified School District.
Review Magnolia Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.