Monte Vista Middle School
- Monte Vista Middle School's student population of 767 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||767 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Monte Vista Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#3818 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pleasant Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Monte Vista Middle School is Camarillo Academy Of Progressive Education (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camarillo Camarillo Academy Of Progressive Education Grades: K-12 | 578 students
777 Aileen St.
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 384-1415 0.3 K-12 578
- Camarillo Las Posas Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 433 students
75 Calle La Guerra
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 482-4606 0.8 K-5 433
- Camarillo University Preparation Charter School At Csu Channel Islands Grades: K-8 | 763 students
550 Temple Ave.
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 482-4608 1.4 K-8 763
Over all the school is pretty good, however the school does have some kid bully problems, what school does not.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 7th grader
I agree with the other person who talked about bullying. I do think there are many corrupted kids at that school, however it does have some good kids like me. Also, most middle schools have this problem.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brandon
My kid was fined and bullied at the school and nothing happened, bring awareness. Also, there are many, many swearing and corrupted kids at the Bad school of monte vista middle school
- Posted by Parent - Marie
Monte Vista is a great middle school, with a great staff. I remember my parents wanted to send me to a private school. Without some convincing from friends, I would have probably gone to one, but I'm really happy I didn't. Monte Vista has made me the person who I am today. Parents know that a child's teen years are the most important ones, teens begin to think about what they want to do with their lives, what kind of friends they want to have, and who they really are. They have engaging electives to suit ones interests. Their Principal and especially Vice Principal are extraordinary. The connection between administration and teachers is impeccable. All their teachers are great role models that have an impact on the students' lives. Monte Vista has an exceptional Renaissance program, that awards students with academic excellence. The ASB, organizes fantastic activities, dances, and fundraisers. This school also offers extra help for 8th grade students struggling in Algebra. The campus is very beautiful, and has a positive influence on students. This school's vision of students enjoying being together, while preparing themselves for the future is what makes this school great.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jmund
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.