Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School District serving 460 students in Buffalo, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Buffalo Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School 190 Franklin St
Buffalo, NY 14202
Grades: 5-12 | 460 students
|School District Name||Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||460 students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||233 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||227 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||81 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||8 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||277 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||87 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||53|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.