King William County Public Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in King William County Public Schools School District, serving 706 students. Public high school in King William County Public School School District have an average math proficiency score of 63% (versus the Virginia public high school average of 75%), and reading proficiency score of 87% (versus the 89% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Virginia.
- public high school in King William County Public School School District have a Graduation Rate of 87%, which is less than the Virginia average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is King William High School, with 85-89% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Virginia or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public high school average of 49% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||King William County Public Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kwcps.k12.va.us|
|School District Phone Number||(804) 769-3434|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||353 Schools|
|# of Students||706 Students||400,349 Students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teachers||27,259 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- King William County Public Schools School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 133 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#82 out of 135 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||22 Students||1,106 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||27,943 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||19 Students||58,770 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||125 Students||88,799 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||514 Students||204,169 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||596 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 Students||18,966 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||194|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||10|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||10|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||11|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||19|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||28|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||13|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||582|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||2,712|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,335|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||201||103,925|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||192||99,531|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||161||94,858|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||152||93,121|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,179 is higher than the state median of $11,878. The school district revenue/student has declined by 27% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,119 is less than the state median of $11,949. The school district spending/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$44 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$45 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,179||$11,878|
|Revenue / Student||$11,119||$11,949|
King William County Public Schools School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- King William High School 80 Cavalier Drive
King William, VA 23086
Grades: 9-12 | 706 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.