Top Scottsville Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Scottsville, VA, serving 264 students. Scottsville has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Virginia.
- Scottsville, VA public school have an average math proficiency score of 92% (versus the Virginia public school average of 72%), and reading proficiency score of 72% (versus the 80% statewide average). Schools in Scottsville have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of Virginia public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public school average of 51% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public school average of 15:1.
Top Scottsville, VA Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Scottsville Elementary School 7868 Scottsville Road
Scottsville, VA 24590
Grades: PK-5 | 264 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.