Woodland Avenue School
- Woodland Avenue School's student population of 305 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Woodland Avenue School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1272 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||HICKSVILLE UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plainview Stratford Road School Grades: K-4 | 527 students
33 Bedford Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
(516)434-3387 0.7 K-4 527
- Hicksville East Street School Grades: K-5 | 382 students
50 East St
Hicksville, NY 11801
(516)733-2321 0.9 K-5 382
- Plainview Baylis Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 456 students
580 Woodbury Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
(516)364-5798 1.0 K-5 456
- Jericho George A Jackson School Grades: K-5 | 436 students
58 Maytime Dr
Jericho, NY 11753
(516)203-3640 1.1 K-5 436
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.