Aberdeen High School
Aberdeen High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Aberdeen High School's student population of 333 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Aberdeen High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#550 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aberdeen Dist School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aberdeen Aberdeen Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 434 students
508 W. Commerce St
Aberdeen, MS 39730
(662)369-4782 1.0 PK-3 434
- Nettleton Nettleton Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 212 students
179 Mullen Ave
Nettleton, MS 38858
(662)963-7400 3.8 7-8 212
- Aberdeen Monroe Co Vocational Technical Grades: M
50057 Airport Road
Aberdeen, MS 39730
(662)369-7845 5.4 M n/a
- Amory Monroe Co Advanced Learning Center Grades: M
52251 Highway 25 South
Amory, MS 38821
(662)256-2495 8.5 M n/a
- Hamilton Hamilton High School Grades: PK-12 | 687 students
40201 Hamilton Road
Hamilton, MS 39746
(662)343-8307 10.5 PK-12 687
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.