Top Coosa County Public Elementary Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Coosa County, AL, serving 631 students. Coosa County, AL public elementary schools have an average math proficiency score of 28% (versus the Alabama public elementary school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 35% (versus the 46% statewide average). Elementary schools in Coosa County have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Alabama public elementary schools.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Alabama public elementary school average of 46% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Alabama public elementary school average of 18:1.
Top Coosa County Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Coosa County Public Schools (Closed)
- School Location Grades Students
- Goodwater Elementary School (Closed 2004)P O Box 139
Goodwater, AL 35072
(256) 839-6318Grades: K-8 | 277 students
- Kellyton Elementary School (Closed 2004)11 Virginia Ln
Kellyton, AL 35089
(256) 234-3979Grades: K-8 | 176 students
- Rockford Elementary School (Closed 2004)P O Box 68
Rockford, AL 35136
(256) 377-4903Grades: K-8 | 426 students
- West Coosa Elementary School (Closed 2004)Star Route Box 60
Weogufka, AL 35183
(256) 245-3911Grades: K-8 | 366 students
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.