Barbara Esselborn School
Barbara Esselborn School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Barbara Esselborn School's student population of 812 students has grown by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||812 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barbara Esselborn School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1839 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #31 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island P.S. 50 Frank Hankinson Grades: PK-5 | 792 students
200 Adelaide Ave
Staten Island, NY 10306
(718)987-0396 0.9 PK-5 792
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.