Blue Heron Elementary School
Blue Heron Elementary School serves 858 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Blue Heron Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Minnesota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 82% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 76% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 59%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Minnesota state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Blue Heron Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Blue Heron Elementary School's student population of 858 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Blue Heron Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,789 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Blue Heron Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MN)
Overall Testing Rank
#68 out of 1789 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MN Dept. of Education
Review Blue Heron Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.