Brawley Union High School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Brawley Union High School District, serving 1,857 students. Brawley Union High School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in California.
- Public schools in Brawley Union High School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus the California public school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 56% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California public school average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Brawley Union High School District|
|School District Website||http://www.brawleyhigh.org|
|School District Phone Number||(760) 312-5819|
|School District Grades Offered||09 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||10,322 Schools|
|# of Students||1,857 Students||6,196,093 Students|
|# of Teachers||78 Teachers||264,750 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
- Brawley Union High School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,013 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 93% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||32,941 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||719,599 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,683 Students||3,366,608 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||23 Students||337,796 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||135 Students||1,437,339 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||28,785 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||273,002 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||530,276|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||455,064|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||454,352|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||446,005|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||465,237|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||470,637|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||484,739|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||474,585|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||472,087|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||496||493,582|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||450||481,886|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||461||473,644|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||450||485,844|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||8,155|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,287 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,657. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,622 is less than the state average of $10,724. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,287||$10,657|
|Spending / Student||$9,622||$10,724|
Brawley Union High School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Brawley Union High School 480 N. Imperial Ave.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 1,687 student
- Desert Valley High (Continuation School) 104 W. Magnolia St.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 151 students
- Renaissance 104 Magnolia Ave.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 19 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.